1. Fish meal replacement: Fish calcium can partially or completely replace other calcium sources like limestone or dicalcium phosphate in animal feeds. It provides an eco-friendly alternative and helps reduce the dependence on marine fish meal, contributing to sustainability in the feed industry.
2. Improved feed efficiency: Animals fed with diets containing fish calcium often show improved feed efficiency, as the bioavailability of calcium in fish calcium is generally higher compared to some traditional calcium sources.
3. Mineral supplementation: Fish calcium can be used as a mineral supplement in various animal feeds to ensure that animals receive adequate calcium and phosphorus levels in their diets, promoting healthier growth and reproduction.
4. Aquaculture feeds: Fish calcium is particularly beneficial in aquaculture feeds for fish and crustaceans. It helps support bone and exoskeleton formation, aiding in the proper growth and development of aquatic species.
5. Marine animals and reptiles: Fish calcium is used in feeds for marine animals, such as sea turtles, as it closely mimics the calcium content found in their natural diets.